2010 Children Survey results
- Between ninety and ninety-five percent of the student respondents said Terra Summer was a.) fun; b.) a nice place to be; c.) that they felt safe there; and d.) they felt welcome. Ninety-percent said they liked the other children (at least a little).
- Half of the respondents rated Terra as one of the best, most fun things they have ever done; the other half said that Terra was great!
- Nearly all children said they felt like they belonged at Terra, more than half of them agreed strongly. Between ninety-percent and ninety-five percent said that they felt: a.) a sense of pride in their accomplishments at Terra; b.) like their ideas counted; c.) that they were successful there; and d.) that they mattered.
- The majority of children said they participated in projects that made them think; they also agreed that they learned a lot of new things.
- Between ninety and ninety-five percent of the children said that from Terra Summer they: a.) understood new things about where our food comes from; b.) understood new things about other people and other parts of the world; c.) learned that their food choices can have a large impact. They also said that that they care more about animals and their well-being now; and that Terra made them more curious about what goes on around them.
- Three-quarters of the children said they pay more attention to the food they eat now, and that Terra Summer made them more healthy. Between ninety and ninety-five percent said that at Terra they learned more about our food culture and their eating habits.
- Between ninety and ninety-five percent agreed that at Terra Summer they: a.) discovered new abilities they didn’t know they had; and b.) became more confident. Three quarters said they learned to question things more and learned to work together with other students.
- Three-quarters of the students said they felt changed by the Terra Summer experience and that it was a good one for them.
- Ninety percent said they would return to Terra Summer and they would recommend it to their friends.
2010 Parent Survey results
(Answers are based on 22 surveys returned out of 28 administered to children and parents of Terra Summer 2010)
- One-hundred percent of parent survey respondents said they would recommend Terra to other families.
- More than three quarters said their child’s eating habits improved at Terra; nearly all said Terra exposed their child to a healthier lifestyle, and nearly all agreed that, since attending Terra, their child seems to be more thoughtful about his or her food choices.
- All parent respondents agreed that their child learned a lot at Terra, three quarters of them agreeing strongly. Eighty-six percent said Terra made their child more confident and more adventurous.
- Ninety-five percent of parents strongly agreed that Terra staff: a.) were courteous; b.) were professional; c.) were trustworthy; d.) were available for questions or input; e.) cared for the well-being of the children; f.) made efforts to accommodate the children’s needs.
- Ninety-one percent of the parents rated Terra as an excellent experience for their child and nearly eighty percent said they would want their child to return (the others were unsure because of the length of the sessions or concerns over repeating the curriculum if it were the same).
Terra Summer empowers, builds knowledge, and heightens awareness of our world.
© Terra Summer 2009-2011